By Natalia Ros
iPad has routed itself in the market as a great tool known for its cool features and versatility of iPad apps that make our lives easier. Working on the subway has never been more enjoyable..
Below, we listed some iPad application which, as we learned from our research, can make a life of a lawyer that much simpler… from note-taking, to document storage, to trip planning.
- Westlaw Next app is a free application that works in conjunction with your regular WestlawNext account. Claimed as the “world’s most advanced legal research system” this app will be your number 1 thing to turn to if you need to do a lot of online legal research. Its automatic synchronization with WestlawNext website ensures that research data is always up to date.
- Dropbox is a free application which offers 2 GB of cloud storage services for your documents online and easy access to them through your iPad. Additional storage may be purchased for a small fee.
- Sugarsync is another free cloud storage service, but it offers 5GB of storage space for free.
- TripIt is a free application which will allow you to keep your travel itineraries in order. Simply email your trip confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the app will neatly organize your trip for you and add any additional information to your itinerary, such as maps.
- Note Taker HD costs $4.99, but the benefits it provides are of a great value to any legal professional. If you ever find yourself in situations where you have to take notes efficiently, store them into a secure location, and perhaps even email them to your assistant on a time-sensitive basis, this app will prove to be priceless.
- Time Master is a great app that will keep track of your billable/non-billable times for each client and matter and create neat timesheets which can be emailed to your assistant in a matter of a push on a button. Docketing made easy. All this for only $9.99.
http://eservicecorp.ca – full legal support for any of your legal search and registration needs.