In preparation for the 2011-2012 Holiday season, we would like to inform our clients and blog readers of service notification regarding some important dates and things to remember that we have just received from Delaware, USA.
In order not to miss any filings or registrations, please follow these guidelines when preparing and sending documentation to be filed/registered in Delaware:
- On December 16, 2011, document filings will not be processed by the State between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and after 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. All one-hour and 30-minute filings must be submitted by 5:30 p.m. in order to be filed that day. All two-hour filings must be submitted prior to 4:30 p.m.
- Due to heavy filing volumes, same-day and 24-hour filings are not guaranteed by the State, and filing evidence delivery may be slightly delayed.
- One-hour and two-hour filings are guaranteed, as long as they are submitted to the State within the time frame indicated above.
If you need a filing date of December 31st, January 1st, or January 2nd we must complete the following steps:
- CT must have the document in hand by 1:00pm ET on Friday, December 30th
- The State will process the document on Tuesday, January 3rd with evidence available by end of day on Tuesday
- The State will charge the ONE HOUR ($1,000.00) expedite fee in addition to all customary disbursements for this transaction
- “Effective Date” can be applied as follows:
- Documents can be filed in advance, but will take effect when required.
- This can allow the use of a cheaper expedited service (or avoid one all together).
- It can guarantee that a necessary date will not be lost.
- When using effective dates, it is important to remember the following:
- Documents do not go into effect until the effective date.
- Supporting documents (i.e. good standings, certificates of fact, etc.) may not be available with the “new” information until 24 hours after the effective date/time. For example: A name change is filed on 12/21/2011 with an Effective Date/Time of 12/22/2011 at 9:00am ET. A good standing reflecting the new name may not be available until 12/23/2011 at 12:01am ET.
We at ESC Corporate Services wish you and yours a Happy Holiday Season!